Alcon is committed to making alcon.com broadly accessible to all users, including those with low vision and other disabilities. For guidance, we look to the accessibility best practices and standards in effect today.
We continually strive to improve the accessibility of our site. Our processes require pages to meet a set of accessibility guidelines which include:
- All links to external Websites will open in a new browser window.
- Links which allow the users to skip navigation links in order to get quickly to the main content of the page as well as the site's global search tool.
- Page headings are formatted for screen reader accessibility.
- Providing alternative text for images.
- Supporting browser settings for enlarging text.
- Using consistent navigation mechanisms and style of presentation throughout the site.
Several documents on Alcon.com are available in Portable Document Format (PDF). This ensures that the publication is shown in its original format, independent of a user's browser, computer or device. These documents are most commonly read with Adobe Reader, a free PDF viewer. Please refer to Adobe's article on accessing PDF Documents with Assistive Technology for additional information.
If you encounter an accessibility problem while accessing alcon.com, please contact us.