Rewarding Associates for Excellence
Alcon associates strive for excellence in their performance and in the development of our innovative eye care products. We make sure they are rewarded and recognized through compensation and benefits packages designed to be competitive within each of the 75 countries in which Alcon is located.
Benefits are an important component of the overall compensation policy and strategy, and are designed to meet the challenges of a growing, global competition for talent. In the U.S., our comprehensive program includes*:
Health Care Insurance
- Medical Plan – several options based on location
- Basic and Optional Term Life
- Dependent Life
- Basic and Optional Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Business Travel Accident
- Short-Term Disability Income
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
Personal Auto and Homeowners Insurance
- Available at discounted rates
Tax-Advantaged Reimbursement Accounts
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account with company match
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Time-Off (PTO) – number of days varies
- Holidays – 12 days, including four days off during December holidays
- Other PTO for family deaths, jury duty, military training, etc.
Not just work. A place to thrive.
To us, employment benefits are about more than insurance and time off. They’re about respect.
- Novartis Investment Savings 401(k) Plan – Contribute from 1 percent to 4 percent of your eligible pay. Alcon makes a base company contribution of 2 percent and then matches associate contributions dollar-for-dollar up to 4 percent of pay. Plus company contributions will fully vest after only five years of service. Contribution eligibility begins the first day of employment.
- Alcon Retirement Plan (ARP) – Alcon makes a 6 percent contribution on your behalf to the ARP each pay period.
- Total company combined contributions to the 401(k) and the Alcon Retirement Plan can be as much as 12 percent.
- Medical Coverage
- Life Insurance Plan
Health & Wellness Programs
- On-site fitness center and recreational activities in several locations
- National fitness center discounts
- Physical Activity Incentive Program
- Health coaching for improvement of health risks
- Weight Watchers program subsidized by Alcon
- Stop-Smoking Program subsidized by Alcon
- 24-hour Nurseline
- Nutrition programs
- Free flu shots
- Alcon provides and/or assists with relevant on-site and external courses, conferences and seminars, tuition reimbursement, professional memberships, etc.
- Employee Assistance Program – provides assistance and support with issues such as mental health and legal problems
- Adoption Reimbursement Program
- Group Legal Plan
Other Benefits, Based on Location
- Associate credit union
- Service awards
- Company store
- Auto purchase discounts
- Other corporate discounts
*This summary is intended to give an overview of benefit programs offered to Alcon associates in the U.S. and is not necessarily comprehensive. Not all programs are available at all locations.