Media release –
Alcon data and educational programs at 2018 World Ophthalmic Congress reinforce commitment to advancing surgical innovations in eye care
- Educational programs featuring four symposia, a live surgery broadcast and virtual reality programs focused on eye anatomy and glaucoma surgery
- Synergies in intraocular lenses, delivery systems and phacoemulsification technologies to improve cataract surgical outcomes
- NGENUITY® 3D Visualization System delivers enhanced visualization of the back of the eye
Barcelona, Spain, June 14, 2018 – Alcon, the global leader in eye care and a division of Novartis, will unveil its extensive educational and scientific program at the 2018 World Ophthalmology Congress (WOC) of the International Council of Ophthalmology, held June 14-19, 2018 in Barcelona, Spain. This year’s presentations highlight the latest technological innovations from Alcon in cataract, glaucoma, refractive and retinal surgical treatments, as well as in dry eye. In addition, a new clinical study supporting Alcon’s AcrySof® IQ PanOptix® trifocal lens will be presented during the congress.
“With these advancements, we are proud to deliver on our promise to help improve the day-to-day lives of millions of patients globally,” said Ian Bell, Region President Alcon Europe Middle East and Africa. “Our leading clinical and education programming offers the world’s top eye care professionals the opportunity to learn about the latest surgical options to address the entire eye segments.”
Alcon technologies will appear in data presentations and symposia presented by European experts, including:
Saturday, June 16
- Alcon Digital 3D Visualization Technology: A Paradigm Shift for Every Ophthalmic Surgery featuring the NGENUITY® 3D Visualization System, designed to enhance visualization of the back of the eye for retinal surgeons (12:15-13:30 – Hall 8 – Room 18)
Sunday, June 17
- Alcon New Synergy Opportunities in Cataract Surgery with Alcon Technologies showcasing available combinations of Alcon technologies such as advanced IOLs and Clareon® AutonoMe™ as well as the UltraSert™ preloaded delivery system and Centurion® Vision System for cataract surgery (12:15-13:30 – Hall 8 – Room 18)
- Alcon Ocular Comorbidities Associated with Dry Eye Disease: New Developments and Management highlighting improved surgical outcomes, new nanotechnology lubricants, future therapies and correlations (12:15-13:30 – Hall 8 – Room 8)
Monday, June 18
- Alcon Strategies for Hitting Your Target: Patient Selection and Technology Integration addressing opportunities to set and exceed patient expectations with AcrySof® IQ PanOptix® IOL and astigmatism management (12:15-13:30 – Hall 8 – Room 18)
Monday, June 18
- Multicenter Visual Outcomes Comparison of Two Trifocal Presbyopia Correcting IOLs – 6 Months Post-op Results unveiling head-to-head data examining visual sharpness with AcrySof® IQ PanOptix® (14:00-14:08 – Hall 6 – E-Poster Pod 3)
- Industry Sponsored Live Surgery: (14:00-17:00 – Hall 6 – Room 8.1) broadcasting live surgery using the latest Alcon technological advancements in eye surgery
Additionally, the Alcon booth (#5009) will showcase a new virtual reality education program through the Alcon Experience Academy as well as a look at our latest surgical and dry eye portfolio.
Alcon is the global leader in eye care. As a division of Novartis, we offer the broadest portfolio of products to enhance sight and improve people’s lives. Our products touch the lives of more than 260 million people each year living with conditions like cataracts, glaucoma, retinal diseases and refractive errors, and there are millions more who are waiting for solutions to meet their eye care needs. Our purpose is reimagining eye care, and we do this through innovative products, partnerships with eye care professionals and programs that enhance access to quality eye care. Learn more at www.alcon.com.
Alcon is on Facebook. Like us at www.facebook.com/AlconEyeCare