Media release –
New Survey Shows Alcon DAILIES® Choice Program Delivers Value and Satisfaction for Patients and Eye Care Professionals
According to a new survey by Alcon, the global leader in eye care and a division of Novartis, patients and eye care professionals (ECPs) both find value in and are satisfied with the DAILIES® Choice program – a program designed to help ECP offices transition patients into the Alcon DAILIES® family of daily disposable contact lenses.
“We are excited about these survey results that show patients and eye care professionals are finding benefit in our DAILIES® lenses and the first-of-its-kind DAILIES® Choice Program,” said Eric Bruno, General Manager of Alcon US Vision Care. “This program has helped thousands of patients overcome potential cost concerns that may be standing between them and the advantages of daily disposable lenses, as well as enabled ECPs to provide greater patient access to this healthy and convenient lens option.”
The online survey, conducted in June 2017, included 150 DAILIES® Choice Program patient-participants and 150 eye care professionals. Survey findings include:
DAILIES® Choice Patient-Participants
- Eighty-nine percent of patients surveyed were very/extremely satisfied with the DAILIES®Choice program and 80 percent see value in it.
- Ninety-one percent of patients agreed that the program very/extremely influenced their decision to purchase an annual supply of DAILIES® contact lenses and 78 percent purchased an annual supply.
- Nearly all of the surveyed patients (99%) were recommended DAILIES® brand lenses by their ECP and for 44 percent of these patients, their opinion of their ECP improved because of it.
Eye Care Professionals
- Seventy-seven percent of the surveyed ECPs were very/extremely satisfied with the DAILIES®Choice program and 78 percent said it was easy to implement.
- Eighty-five percent of ECPs agreed that the DAILIES® Choice Program delivered very good/excellent value to their patients; 77 percent agreed that the DAILIES® Choice Program delivered value to their practice.
- Seventy-seven percent of ECPs surveyed agreed that the DAILIES® Choice Program helped their patients overcome cost concerns of wearing daily disposable lenses, and agreed that it helped more patients purchase an annual supply (79%).
Launched in 2016, Alcon DAILIES® Choice is an integrated consumer engagement program with strong direct-to-consumer outreach to help drive patients to ECP offices. The DAILIES® Choice Program provides a high-value rebate of up to $200 for first-time wearers of DAILIES® AquaComfort PLUS® or DAILIES TOTAL1® lenses, and is designed to increase patient access to and affordability of daily disposable contact lenses. Alcon has been promoting the program through a wide range of initiatives to help encourage patients to visit their ECPs.
For additional information about the DAILIES® Choice Program or for patients who wish to receive more information about the rebate offer, visit www.DAILIESChoice.com.