World Sight Day Celebration
Materials from Alcon
Alcon shares your commitment to helping people see better, and as the global leader in eye care, our dedication to preserve, restore and enhance vision spreads across the globe. World Sight Day is October 10, 2013, and we invite you to join us to help raise awareness and address the global problem of preventable blindness and vision impairment.
Here you will find a celebration kit, which can help you promote World Sight Day, and can be utilized year-round to continue raising awareness of the importance of access to eye care.
Leading up to and on World Sight Day, we encourage you to:
- Collect donations and send to one of the sight-saving organizations supported by Alcon, or a local charity of your choice that focuses on eye health
- Participate in or speak at local World Sight Day events to share your personal experience in supporting vision care needs in your community and around the world
- Share how you've helped enhance sight to enhance lives through your volunteer efforts
- Donate free eye exams, if you are an eye care professional
- Host your own World Sight Day celebration
- Particpate in or speak at local World Sight Day events to share your personal experience in supporting vision care needs in your community and around the world
World Sight Day Posters and Signage
Click here to download profile posters for each of the organizations supported by Alcon. Below, also find downloadable materials you can display in your office to promote World Sight Day. Feel free to print these and use as appropriate.
Educate with our Alcon Corporate Giving Video
Click here to view the Alcon Corporate Giving video, which may be shown to educate people about global vision issues, and Alcon's commitment to raising awareness and addressing the global problem of avoidable blindness and vision impairment. Save the video to a computer and either play directly from there, or download the video file to a DVD, depending upon your electronic capabilities.