Media release –
Alcon Debuts DAILIES TOTAL1 for Astigmatism, Other Eye Care Innovations as Title Sponsor of SECO 2022
- DAILIES TOTAL1 for Astigmatism, the first and only Water Gradient contact lens for toric patients, now available for order nationwide in the U.S.
- SYSTANE COMPLETE Preservative-Free Lubricant Eye Drops now available over the counter for dry eye patients
- Multiple clinical data presentations showcase performance of Alcon’s contact lens, dry eye and ocular health innovations
FORT WORTH, Texas, March 11, 2022 – Alcon, the global leader in eye care dedicated to helping people see brilliantly, debuted leading innovations that are helping Eye Care Professionals (ECPs) and their patients see brilliantly during the SECO International 2022 Meeting in New Orleans. Alcon officially launched DAILIES TOTAL1® for Astigmatism during SECO 2022 with a large in-booth presence, an exclusive bespoke event for ECPs, convention center signage, social media presence and more. The company’s robust program featured the introduction of SYSTANE® COMPLETE Preservative-Free (PF) Lubricant Eye Drops and the latest research that supports Alcon’s contact lens, dry eye and ocular health portfolios.
“Alcon is proud to be the title sponsor of SECO as we continue to introduce new products and technologies that help Eye Care Professionals meet their patients’ evolving needs”, said Sean Clark, General Manager, U.S. Vision Care, Alcon. “From DAILIES TOTAL1 for Astigmatism to SYSTANE COMPLETE Preservative-Free, we are excited to introduce these highly anticipated innovations that round out our offerings for people with specific eye care needs and enhance their ability to see even more brilliantly.”
Introduction of DAILIES TOTAL1 for Astigmatism Expands Portfolio of Water Gradient Contact Lenses
DAILIES TOTAL1 for Astigmatism joins Alcon’s portfolio of contact lenses with proprietary Water Gradient technology for increased on-eye lubricity and patient comfort. A premium, daily disposable lens, DAILIES TOTAL1 for Astigmatism will answer patients’ comfort1 needs in the toric market, the fastest-growing contact lens market segment. DAILIES TOTAL1 for Astigmatism is now available for order in the U.S. with a full 2,300 parameters. Meeting activities around this latest lens innovation include:
- Saturday, March 12
- OD Lunch Symposia: Ultimate Stability, Comfort and Clarity. Presented by Katie Spear, OD, JD, FAAO. (12-1 p.m., Great Hall)
- Poster Presentation: Clinical lens fit evaluation of the delefilcon A toric daily disposable silicone hydrogel soft contact lens. Presented by Dr. Yifei Wu.
SYSTANE Complete PF Joins Family of #1 Doctor-Recommended Brand of Artificial Tears2
Alcon launched SYSTANE COMPLETE Preservative-Free Lubricant Eye Drops, now in an easy-to-use, multi-dose bottle. With this launch, Alcon now offers a full portfolio of preservative-free artificial tears in multi-dose bottles, expanding their footprint in the large and fast-growing artificial tears category. The formula works to provide all-in-one dry eye relief with one drop3 by hydrating and protecting all layers of the tear film.4,5,6 Alcon’s proprietary formula uses intelligent moisture and lipid delivery to enhance dispersion across the surface of the eye to stabilize the tear film.5,6 Meeting activities around Alcon’s dry eye innovations will include an OD Lunch Symposia, entitled “Uncomplicating Dry Eye Management” led by Dr. Walter Whitley on Friday, March 11 from 12-1 p.m. in the Great Hall of the Convention Center.
Data Affirms Clinical Performance of TOTAL30 Monthly Replacement Contact Lenses
New clinical studies of TOTAL30®, the first-and-only Water Gradient monthly replacement contact lens, will be presented that compare clinical endpoints to leading lens competitors and evaluates performance of the forthcoming TOTAL30 toric lens. Presentations at SECO include:
- Saturday, March 12
- Poster Presentation: HEVL and UV transmittance properties of lehfilcon A contact lenses. Presented by Dr. Brian Loudermilk.
- Poster Presentation: Clinical performance of new lehfilcon A monthly replacement silicone hydrogel toric CL. Presented by Dr. Vidhya Subramanian et al.
Visit Alcon booth #1145 in person or visit the Alcon virtual booth in the exhibits section of https://attendseco.com/ for important product information on the innovative products and programs featured in this release.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements can be identified by words such as: “anticipate,” “intend,” “commitment,” “look forward,” “maintain,” “plan,” “goal,” “seek,” “believe,” “project,” “estimate,” “expect,” “strategy,” “future,” “likely,” “may,” “should,” “will” and similar references to future periods.
Forward-looking statements are neither historical facts nor assurances of future performance. Instead, they are based only on our current beliefs, expectations, and assumptions regarding the future of our business, future plans and strategies, and other future conditions. Because forward-looking statements relate to the future, they are subject to inherent uncertainties and risks that are difficult to predict. Some of these factors are discussed in our filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Form 20-F. In particular, our expectations could be affected by uncertainties regarding the success of our separation and spin-off from Novartis. Should one or more of these uncertainties or risks materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those anticipated. Therefore, you should not rely on any of these forward-looking statements.
Forward-looking statements in this press release speak only as of the date of its filing, and we assume no obligation to update forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
- Alcon data on file, 2021.
- Based on IQVIA ProVoice Survey of Eye Care Professionals 12 months ending December 31, 2021.
- Silverstein S. Yeu E, Tauber J. et al. Symptom Relief Following a Single Dose of Propylene Glycol-Hydroxypropyl Guar Nanoemulsion in Patients with Dry Eye Disease: A Phase IV. Multicenter Trial.Clin Ophthalmol.2020;14:3167-3177.m.
- Consumer Eye Drop Research, Global Path-To-Purchase; Alcon data on file, 2017.
- Ketelson H, Rangarjan R. Pre-clinical evalusation of a nael phospholipid nanoemulsion based lubricant eye drops.Poster presented at ARVO 2017, Baltimore, MD.
- Rangarajan R, Ketelson H. Preclinical evaluation of a new hydroxypropyl-guar phospholipid nanoemulsion-based artificial tear formulation in models of corneal epithelium. J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2019;35(1):32-37.
Alcon helps people see brilliantly. As the global leader in eye care with a heritage spanning over 75 years, we offer the broadest portfolio of products to enhance sight and improve people’s lives. Our Surgical and Vision Care products touch the lives of more than 260 million people in over 140 countries each year living with conditions like cataracts, glaucoma, retinal diseases and refractive errors. Our more than 24,000 associates are enhancing the quality of life through innovative products, partnerships with Eye Care Professionals and programs that advance access to quality eye care. Learn more at www.alcon.com.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Alcon Media Relations
+ 1 817 615 5092 (Direct)
+ 1 817 525 3409 (Mobile)
Alcon Investor Relations
+ 41 589 112 110 (Geneva)
+ 1 817 615 2789 (Fort Worth)