Media release –
Alcon Highlights Vision Care Activities During the Upcoming Annual British Contact Lens Association Meeting, to be Held May 29-31
- Alcon's Vision Care Vice President of Research and Development, Franck Leveiller, PhD., will deliver the company's Partner Presentation, entitled "Alcon innovation – A look into the future"
- Alcon's Showcase Presentation will be delivered by Consultant Ophthalmologist Mr. Jeff Kwartz in the area of Dry Eye
- Thirteen scientific presentations/posters to highlight the newest data on contact lenses and lens care
Liverpool, United Kingdom, May 26, 2015 – Alcon, the global leader in eye care and division of Novartis, announces its clinical presentations and sponsor symposia to take place at the British Contact Lens Association (BCLA) Clinical Conference and Exhibition, in Liverpool on May 29-31. Scientific highlights include two sponsor presentations and thirteen scientific presentations/posters. At the Alcon stand (Stand #45) delegates will have the opportunity to obtain information on the latest Alcon products and promotional campaigns in contact lens and lens care.
"Comfort through technology will dominate Alcon’s programme and stand this year. We have thirteen Alcon supported scientific posters and other presentations providing delegates with scientific findings on the technologies that make our company a leader in Vision Care, from improved permeability and wettability technologies in contact lens and lens care, to consistent surface performance of our monthly disposables," said Dr. Inma Perez, Head of Professional Affairs, Alcon EMEA.
Partner, Showcase & Pavilion Presentations
Partner Presentation: Alcon® Innovation – A look into the Future – Saturday, May 30 10:00am.
Alcon’s Vice President of Research and Development, Franck Leveiller, PhD. will deliver the Alcon’s Key Note speech, entitled Alcon Innovation – A Look into the Future – on Saturday May 30, 10:00am. During his presentation, Dr. Leveiller will share his deep insights into the future of contact lenses, lens care, and eye care delivery.
Showcase Presentation: Dry Eye – Sunday, May 31, 10:30am.
Mr. Jeff Kwartz, Consultant Ophthalmologist at the Bolton Royal Eye Unit, will deliver Alcon's Showcase Presentation on Sunday, May 31, 10:30am. The presentation will highlight opportunities for optical practices to increase their focus on dry eye, by offering dry eye clinics and actively including dry eye questioning during eye tests and follow-up consultations and improve patient care.
Pavilion Presentation: Discomfort and Reusable Contact Lenses – Sunday, May 31, 2:15 pm.
Jonathon Bench, Head of Professional Affairs, Alcon UK, will deliver Alcon’s Pavilion Presentation on Sunday, May 31, at 2:15pm. The presentation will focus on discomfort, as the biggest reason for ceasing contact lens wear. Join us to learn more about extended wear contact lenses that deliver consistent surface performance from the first to the last day of wear.
Alcon Supported Scientific Presentations/Posters
Thirteen Alcon supported scientific presentations/posters have been accepted by BCLA to be presented in this year's conference, including:
Saturday, May 30, 2015
Meet the Author Sessions: 13:00-14:30 and 16:30-17:00
- Rao, Archana, PhD., et al. "High Oxygen Permeable Color Silicone Hydrogel Contact Lens with Fully Encapsulated Pigments" [Poster ID: 18]
- Guthrie, Sarah, PhD., et al. "Is There a Relationship Between Care System and Compliance" [Poster ID: 48]
- Muya, Leroy, Ph.D., et al. "Wetting Substantivity of a New Hydrogen Peroxide Disinfecting Solution on Silicone Hydrogel Contact Lenses" [Poster ID: 50]
- Gabriel, Manal, PhD., et al. "Biocidal Efficacy of a Hydrogen Peroxide Solution Incorporating a Novel Wetting Agent"[Poster ID: 49]
Sunday, May 31, 2015
Rapid Fire Presentation: 12:00-13:00 and 16:30-17:00
- Montes-Mico, Robert, PhD., et al. "Visual Performance Assessment of Multifocal Soft Contact Lenses vs. Monovision Using Defocus Curves"
Alcon, the global leader in eye care, provides innovative products that enhance quality of life by helping people worldwide see better. Alcon’s three businesses, Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care, offer the widest spectrum of eye care products in the world. Alcon is the second largest division of the Novartis Group, with pro-forma sales of USD 10.8 billion in 2014.
Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, USA, Alcon has more than 25,000 employees worldwide, operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets.