Media release –
Alcon opens state-of-the-art eye health education and training center at global headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas
- Global training hub for physicians, students and Alcon employees to learn the latest advancements in ophthalmology and optometry
- Facility offers 36,000 square feet of hands-on training space, showcasing a broad portfolio of innovative products and technologies
- Expands Alcon’s commitment to providing access to science and technology in the Fort Worth community and North Texas region
Fort Worth, Texas – December 4, 2015 – Alcon, the global leader in eye care and division of Novartis, officially opened the Alcon Experience Center today, a state-of-the-art comprehensive eye health education and training center, located on Alcon’s Fort Worth, Texas campus. It integrates products and technologies from Alcon’s three businesses: Surgical, Ophthalmic Pharmaceuticals and Vision Care.
The Alcon Experience Center will help train and educate professionals in a way that is entirely accessible, providing hands-on training and enabling doctors from around the world to become immersed with Alcon’s broad portfolio of technology in a manner that provides a realistic practice environment. In addition to hands-on training for physicians and Alcon associates, the Center will also host high school and university students throughout the North Texas region as part of its efforts to promote education in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM); further representing Alcon’s ongoing commitment to Fort Worth and the North Texas community.
Comprised of more than 36,000 square feet of space, visitors will benefit from immersive training and educational experience using the latest advances in ophthalmology and optometry. The Alcon Experience Center will offer:
- A fully-equipped optometric training area with exam lanes to simulate an actual practice environment
- Enhanced wet labs for training in the ophthalmic surgical environment
- A variety of interactive and innovative cataract and Lasik technologies to create a world-class training experience
- An over-the-counter (OTC) Innovation Studio designed for retail customers to test and validate on- and off-shelf merchandising concepts
- An interactive digital technology experience throughout the center
Alcon, the global leader in eye care, provides innovative products that enhance quality of life by helping people see better. Alcon’s three businesses, Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care, offer the widest spectrum of eye care products in the world. Alcon is a division of the Novartis Group, with pro-forma sales of USD 10.8 billion in 2014. Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, USA, Alcon has more than 25,000 employees worldwide, operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets. For more information, visit www.alcon.com.
Alcon is on Facebook. Like us at www.facebook.com/AlconEyeCare
Alcon Media Relations
+1 817 302 5759 (direct)
+1 214 924 4761 (mobile)